- B.Sc. Chemistry, University of Calabar, Nigeria, 1992
- M.S. Environmental Engineering, Yokohama National University, Japan, 1999
- Ph.D. Environmental Engineering, Yokohama National University, Japan, 2002
- Postdoctoral Scholar, Yale University, 2002-2004
- NASA-INaC Postdoctoral Fellow, Purdue University, 2004-2006
Rational catalyst design
Controlled synthesis of nanomaterials
Nano-engineering of nanocarbon materials
Selected Refereed Publications
- P.B. Amama, S. Putnam, B. Maruyama, “Wetting Behavior and Activity of Catalyst Supports in Carbon Nanotube Carpet Growth,” Nanoscale 5 (2013) 2642.
- P.B. Amama, J.T. Grant, P.J. Shamberger, A.A. Voevodin, T.S. Fisher, “Improved Dehydrogenation Properties of Ti-Doped LiAlH4: Influence of Ti Precursors,” Journal of Physical Chemistry C 116 (2012) 21886.
- P.B. Amama, C.L. Pint, S.M. Kim, L. McJilton, K.G. Eyink, E.A. Stach, R.H. Hauge, B. Maruyama, “Influence of Alumina Type on the Evolution and Activity of Alumina-Supported Fe Catalysts in Single-Walled Carbon Nanotube Carpet Growth,” ACS Nano 4 (2010) 895.
- S.M. Kim, C.L. Pint, P.B. Amama, D.N. Zakharov, R.H. Hauge, B. Maruyama, E.A. Stach, “Evolution in Catalyst Morphology Leads to Carbon Nanotube Growth Termination,” Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters 1 (2010) 918.
- H. Mishra, B.A. Cola, V. Rawat, P.B. Amama, K.G. Biswas, X. Xu, T.S. Fisher, T.D. Sands, “Thermomechanical and Thermal Contact Characteristics of Bismuth Telluride Films Electrodeposited on Carbon Nanotube Arrays,” Advanced Materials 21 (2009) 4280.
P.B. Amama, C. Pint, L. McJilton, SM Kim, E.A. Stach, P.T. Murray, R.H. Hauge, B. Maruyama, “Role of Water in Super Growth of Single-Walled Carbon Nanotube Carpets,” Nano Letters 9 (2009) 44.